Sunday, August 20, 2006

Rhynes at Naha Air Base Japan 1974

--- The South Georgia Country Boy in Okinawa, Japan (United States Air Force) behind the NCO Club at Naha Air Base in front of the Barracks. George Boston Rhynes at a younger age. Never lift weights but his own personal designed exercises.

--- In the Mother Land people were people and self respecting. No one outside of themselves made them change their mind from what they wanted it to be. They had their own belief system. They had their own perception of who, and what God was to them. Therefore, two heads may be better than one but never forget which one belongs to you. {GBR}









The death stand of the original African warriors before a great mental battle. The old saying, He who walks away from a foolish fight, will live to fight a greater battle for a greater cause.

Moreover, its not the size of the ship that makes a man or woman sea sick but it is the motion in the ocean. And its not the depths of the ocean that drowns a man but its the water. So Stay focused or the right thing in life.







The image “http://www.picture.com/pics/065/487769.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
The Thinker! With a much younger mind...
George Boston Rhynes

--- George Boston Rhynes in 1973, at Naha Air Base Japan. Job position at the Air Mail Terminal (Postal Service). Picture was taken in front of the Non-commissioners Offficers Club in front of the barracks.

--- While stationed at Naha, Air Base Japan I had no need to chase women or go to the strip joints because I was married to My wife and Yolanda my 1st child was and remains the highlight of my life. I exercised and went to the Hundu Temples to better understand other religions of the world that I knew nothing about as a South Georgia country boy.


--- I watch people complain and cut themselves in order leave the Island. They did not like the Island. But I love the Island and made friends with Japanese and we went into caves and headers point at the north end of the Island. I really enjoyed my stay for 18 months on the Island.

--- I will add more pictures of some Japanese friends and others while I performed the work of an United States Airman. I must admit that the best friend I had was a white Brother by the name of JACK MORGAN fron Indiana. Glenn Tatum from Odessa Texas was the best Black friend I had and everybody seem to get along with me and I appreciated the friend ship.

No comments: